5 Days Rwanda at a Glance
Day 1: Arrival & Transfer to The Hotel
Arrival at the Kigali International Airport, meet and greet with the guide and give you a short briefing about the trip. Transfer to the Hotel, check in and acclimatize to the climate of Rwanda. Dinner and overnight at four points by Sheraton Hotel
Day 2: Kigali City Exploration & Transfer to Musanze – Volcanoes
Breakfast at the hotel later start the Kigali city exploration. Get to learn more about Rwanda from the pre-colonial, colonial and post-colonial era as well as Genocide times. Start with Belgian camp which is near the hotel, where 10 UN peace keepers were killed before Genocide trying to protect the moderate Prime minister, later Visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial where over 250,000 Genocide victims were put to rest in mass graves.
Afternoon then drive to Lunch in Kigali later transfer to Fazenda Sengha at mount Kigali. Fazenda is an outdoor recreational center that offers horseback riding experiences, ziplines, and quad bikes experience.
Later you will drive to Musanze and it is only 2 hours’ drive from Kigali city. Musanze city poised to become one of Rwanda’s major cities, Musanze’s strategic location in the foothills of the Virunga Massif is attractive to tourism, business and agriculture, with notably fertile land in the surrounding region. Set at an altitude of 1,850m, the city is a convenient base for gorilla tracking.
Overnight at Mountain Gorilla view lodge Hotel
Day 3: Mountain Gorilla Trekking
Early morning breakfast then drive to the park headquarters, arrival to the park reception, briefing and grouping, completing park formalities then embark on a once in a lifetime experience of tracking mountain gorillas. Once you spot them you are allowed to spend an hour watching your closest long-lost cousin. This is perhaps one of the most breathtaking wildlife experiences on earth!!! You get so close to these awesome giant primates. You stare at each other blankly not knowing who to break the long silence first. Tracking the gorillas through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virunga is a magical experience.
After lunch, visit the Ibyiwacu cultural village. You will be taken to visit the Ibyiwacu cultural village located near the Volcanoes National Park. You will experience more about the culture, you will get to connect with the locals and engage in different activities with them such as traditional dancing, gaming, drumming, games, etc.
Overnight at Mountain Gorilla view lodge Hotel
Day 4: Golden Monkey Trekking & Transfer to Akagera
Breakfast then transfers to Volcanoes National Park reception, briefings and grouping, completing park formalities go to the entrance of the park early this morning to see the Golden Monkeys. It is now believed the only feasible population of these Golden Monkeys resides only in Volcanoes National Park part of the Albertine Rift Valley and endemic monkeys. They are beautiful and endangered primates which have become quite habituated to humans, making it possible to observe them closely.
Afternoon drive to Akagera national park via Kigali 5hours from Musanze to Akagera national park it’s Rwanda’s largest national park and covers an area of approximately 1,122 square kilometers (433 square miles). The park is known for its diverse wildlife, including elephants, hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species. It’s also home to predators like lions, leopards, and hyenas. Overnight at Akagera Game Lodge
Day 5: Akagera National Park & Game Drive and Boat Cruise and Depart
Transfer to Akagera National Park – Game drive (Opportunity to see over 12 species of antelopes, over 525 species of birds including the rare ones such as the shoe bill stock, papyrus gonolek and the big 5 i.e., Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant) to mention but a few. The park has the highest concentration of birds per square kilometer, very beautiful undulating landscapes, high species numbers and endemic species plus historical and cultural sites inside the park.
In the afternoon, drive to Lake Ihema for the thrilling boat ride to see schools of hippos, giant Nile crocodiles, different water birds, etc.
Later then drive back to Kigali.
End of Safari
- Service of an English-speaking professional driver/guide.
- Transport whilst on safari in a 4×4 safari Land cruiser with pop-up roof for game viewing.
- All transfers upon arrival and departure as in the itinerary.
- Full Board Accommodations whilst on safari.
- All park entrance fees are as per the itinerary.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Drivers’ salary and allowances plus park fees for driver and vehicle.
- Government taxes & levies.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water whilst on safari.
- International & internal flights.
- Airport arrival or Departure taxes.
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide, hotel/camp and restaurant staff, and room service.
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Change in itinerary/accommodation rather than those specified.
- Activities, visits, and tours that are not mentioned in the package.
- Extra Expenses, insurances, Visa’s & validity of travel documents.
- Extra drinks and meals that are not mentioned in the package.
- Easter/Festival/High season/New Year’s supplements as per lodge/hotel policy.