4 Days Best of Short Safari
4 Days Short Safari – Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park Nature experience.
Day 1: Villa Maua, Arusha.
A warm welcome on your arrival, you will be met and welcomed by your private safari guide who will transfer you to the hotel, a short drive away from the airport. Overnight at Villa Maua Arusha.
Day 2: Marera Valley Lodge, Lake Manyara National Park.
After breakfast and a short briefing in the morning, you will travel to the Lake Manyara National Park, one of the smallest but most diverse parks in Tanzania. The shallow and alkaline Lake Manyara covers a large area of the park and it is the seasonal home to thousands of flamingos – an awesome (pink) sight. However, more than 500 other bird species are also found here as well as some wonderful mammals. Troops of monkeys live in the forests, giraffes, buffaloes, zebras and wildebeests on the grassy plains and elephants and lions in the acacia woodlands. From the open roof of the vehicle, you will be able to watch the animals and absorb the landscape. After an extensive game drive and a picnic lunch, you will leave the park to make your way to Mto Wa Mbu village for a great cultural experience with an experienced, English-speaking guide who grew up in the village. Visit local farms (rice paddies, Banana Beer Bar and local activities), schools, a kindergarten, local homes, the food market and milling machines. We can include a local lunch for your guests that is served in a lovely banana plantation deep inside Mto Wa Mbu village on request, followed by Biking around the village. Late afternoon to the cooler regions of the Ngorongoro highlands. You will overnight at the Marera Valley Lodge. Lunch; Dinner
Day 3: Marera Valley Lodge, Ngorongoro Region.
After an early start you will drive into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and down into the crater. The Ngorongoro Crater is almost 600 m deep, approximately 20 km wide and the massive caldera is home to an amazing variety of animals. On your game drive you have the possibility of seeing all different kinds of mammals ranging from the Big Five – lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard – to Grant’s and Thomson’s gazelles and mountain reedbucks. You might also see spotted hyenas, rare wild dogs and some of the more than 500 bird species of the area. After a picnic lunch in the crater and some more game viewing, you will leave the crater in the afternoon and travel back to Karatu, where you will spend another night at the Marera Valley Lodge. Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
Day 4: Tarangire National Park, out.
After breakfast you continue to another park on the Northern Circuit, the Tarangire National Park. This Park with its endless grasslands, huge baobab trees, the perennial Tarangire River and seasonal swamps is home to the largest elephant herds in northern Tanzania. Animals gather at the river and you should be able to see elephants, giraffes, bushbucks, hartebeests, dik-diks, waterbucks, warthogs and reedbucks all year round. Furthermore, the park is also home to buffaloes, zebras and wildebeests which are always closely followed by a range of predators such as lions. Leopards are seen every once in a while, but cheetahs are rarely spotted. After an extensive game drive, you will leave the park in the afternoon and drive to Arusha or Kilimanjaro for an evening flight to your next destination on your own arrangement or upon request.
End of Safari
- Service of an English-speaking professional driver/guide.
- Transport whilst on safari in a 4×4 safari Land cruiser with pop-up roof for game viewing.
- All transfers upon arrival and departure as in the itinerary.
- Full Board Accommodations whilst on safari.
- All park entrance fees are as per the itinerary.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Drivers’ salary and allowances plus park fees for driver and vehicle.
- Government taxes & levies.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water whilst on safari.
- International & internal flights.
- Airport arrival or Departure taxes.
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide, hotel/camp and restaurant staff, and room service.
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Change in itinerary/accommodation rather than those specified.
- Activities, visits, and tours that are not mentioned in the package.
- Extra Expenses, insurances, Visa’s & validity of travel documents.
- Extra drinks and meals that are not mentioned in the package.
- Easter/Festival/High season/New Year’s supplements as per lodge/hotel policy.