Uganda Bird Watching Tour – 9 days
Explore Uganda’s breathtaking birdlife on this 9-day tour that takes you to the country’s top bird-watching destinations. From the famous Mabamba Swamp to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kibale Forest, and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, each day will bring encounters with unique and rare bird species. Immerse yourself in the rich biodiversity of Uganda while enjoying comfortable accommodations and knowledgeable guiding services.
Day 1: Arrival in Entebbe – Kampala
Upon your arrival at Entebbe International Airport, our representative will warmly welcome you. Transfer to your hotel in Kampala, where you can relax and recover from your journey. In the evening, meet with your tour guide for a briefing on the upcoming adventure.
Day 2: Mabamba Swamp – Lake Mburo National Park
Enjoy an early breakfast and set off to the Mabamba Swamp, famous for its population of African Shoebill. Take a boat ride to spot these magnificent birds, as well as a variety of other water birds. Afterward, continue to Lake Mburo National Park, home to over 350 bird species. Take a game drive and spot charismatic residents such as the African Finfoot, Blue-breasted Roller, and Red-faced Barbet.
Day 3: Lake Mburo National Park – Queen Elizabeth National Park
This morning, embark on a bird-watching walk along the shores of Lake Mburo before driving to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Known for its diverse habitats, the park offers exceptional birding opportunities. Look out for the Martial Eagle, African Skimmer, and the sought-after Shoebill Stork.
Day 4: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Embark on an early morning game drive in search of bird species including the African Grey Hornbill and the iconic African Fish Eagle. Afterward, take a relaxing boat trip along the Kazinga Channel, where you can observe an array of water birds, including pelicans, storks, and kingfishers. In the afternoon, explore the Ishasha sector of the park, famous for its tree-climbing lions.
Day 5: Queen Elizabeth National Park – Kibale
Forest National Park
Leave Queen Elizabeth National Park and head to Kibale Forest National Park, home to an impressive population of primates and over 350 bird species. Engage in a thrilling guided chimp tracking experience in the afternoon and keep an eye out for birds such as the African Pitta, African Green Broadbill, and the Great Blue Turaco.
Day 6: Kibale Forest National Park – Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary
Embark on an unforgettable birding walk through Kibale Forest, which boasts a remarkable variety of bird species. As you explore the forest trails, be on the lookout for the secretive Green-breasted Pitta, the colorful African Emerald Cuckoo, and the elusive African Wood Owl. In the afternoon, visit the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary, known for its rich biodiversity and community-based conservation efforts.
Day 7: Kibale Forest National Park – Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Travel to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a treasure trove of birdlife. Embark on a bird-watching walk through the dense forest, home to over 350 bird species, including 23 Albertine Rift endemics. Keep your eyes open for the African Green Broadbill, Shelley’s Crimsonwing, and the charismatic African Black Bee-eater.
Day 8: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Community Walk
Today, take a break from bird watching and immerse yourself in the local communities surrounding Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Gain insight into their traditional way of life and participate in cultural activities. This experience offers a unique opportunity to interact with locals and appreciate their deep connection to nature.
Day 9: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Departure
After breakfast, bid farewell to the beautiful wilderness of Uganda as you transfer back to Entebbe International Airport for your onward journey.
End of Safari
- Service of an English-speaking professional driver/guide.
- Transport whilst on safari in a 4×4 safari Land cruiser with pop-up roof for game viewing.
- All transfers upon arrival and departure as in the itinerary.
- Full Board Accommodations whilst on safari.
- All park entrance fees are as per the itinerary.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Drivers’ salary and allowances plus park fees for driver and vehicle.
- Government taxes & levies.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water whilst on safari.
- International & internal flights.
- Airport arrival or Departure taxes.
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide, hotel/camp and restaurant staff, and room service.
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Change in itinerary/accommodation rather than those specified.
- Activities, visits, and tours that are not mentioned in the package.
- Extra Expenses, insurances, Visa’s & validity of travel documents.
- Extra drinks and meals that are not mentioned in the package.
- Easter/Festival/High season/New Year’s supplements as per lodge/hotel policy.