6 Days Beautiful Rwanda at a Glance
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali & Transfer To The Hotel
Arrival at the Kigali International Airport, meet and greet with the guide and give you a short briefing about the trip. Transfer to the Hotel, check in and acclimatize to the climate of Rwanda. Dinner and overnight at Four Points by Sheraton Hotel
Day 2: Kigali City Exploration & Bugesera Reconciliation Village
Breakfast at the hotel later start the Kigali city exploration. Get to learn more about Rwanda from the pre-colonial, colonial and post-colonial era as well as Genocide period. Start with Belgian Camp where 10 UN peacekeepers were killed before the start of Genocide trying to protect the late Prime Minister. After you will visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial where over 250,000 Genocide victims were put to rest in mass graves.
After Lunch you will proceed to Bugesera Reconcilliation Village where the survivors of Genocide live together in harmony with the perpetrators that killed their own families, get to hear testimonies from them and engage in different community activities such as traditional dances, cooking, basket weaving, etc. After you will drive back to Kigali.
Dinner and Overnight at Four Points by Sheraton
Day 3: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park-Mountain Gorilla Trekking & Redrocks
Early breakfast in the morning then transfer to the Volcanoes National park headquarters, it is 2 hours and half drive from Kigali city. After your arrival at the park reception, you will be given briefing and grouping, completing park formalities then embark on a once in a lifetime experience of tracking mountain gorillas.
Once you spot them you are allowed to spend an hour watching your closet long lost cousin. This is perhaps one of the most breathtaking wildlife experiences on earth!!! You get so close to these awesome giant primates. You stare at each other blankly not knowing who to break the long silence first. Tracking the gorillas through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virunga is a magical experience.
After Lunch you will visit redrocks, it is cultural tourism center, it involves in developing local community and promoting the nature through tourism. Red rocks bring under-served communities into the tourism supply chain and support community development projects.
Dinner and Overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
Day 4: Golden Monkey Trekking & Transfer to Rubavu – Gisenyi
Transfer to the entrance of the park in the morning to trek golden monkeys. It is now believed that they are the only feasible population of golden monkeys residing in Volcanoes National Park. They are beautiful and endangered primates which are endemic in the Virunga mountains region and have become quite habituated to humans, making it possible to observe them closely.
After lunch, you will drive to Gisenyi. Dinner and Overnight at Kivu Serena Hotel
Day 5: Gisenyi City Tour- Coffee Tours & Hot spring
You will have breakfast in the morning later at 9AM you will commence your city tour in Gisenyi. Gisenyi is the second largest city in Rwanda, located in the Rubavu district in Rwanda’s Western Province. While doing city tour, you will also be taken to the Congo border, later comeback to the hotel to have lunch.
After lunch, you will visit hot springs, on the shore of Lake Kivu near Rubona/Rubavu. This is a place where local people come to relax and heal, you will get involved in those activities and experience them. Dinner and Overnight: Kivu Serena Hotel
Day 6: Boating and Fishing in Lake Kivu & Depart
After having breakfast at 8AM, you will do boating in Lake Kivu where you will get perfect opportunity to take a sundowner cruise on the Lake and visit fishing villages. After, you will have lunch then later you will drive to Kigali for flight out.
End of Safari
- Service of an English-speaking professional driver/guide.
- Transport whilst on safari in a 4×4 safari Land cruiser with pop-up roof for game viewing.
- All transfers upon arrival and departure as in the itinerary.
- Full Board Accommodations whilst on safari.
- All park entrance fees are as per the itinerary.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Drivers’ salary and allowances plus park fees for driver and vehicle.
- Government taxes & levies.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water whilst on safari.
- International & internal flights.
- Airport arrival or Departure taxes.
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide, hotel/camp and restaurant staff, and room service.
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Change in itinerary/accommodation rather than those specified.
- Activities, visits, and tours that are not mentioned in the package.
- Extra Expenses, insurances, Visa’s & validity of travel documents.
- Extra drinks and meals that are not mentioned in the package.
- Easter/Festival/High season/New Year’s supplements as per lodge/hotel policy.